Folia is a dietary supplement recommended for pregnant women and during the pregnancy planning process. The product is also recommended for people with folic acid deficiencies in the diet.
Folate contributes to:
- maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- normal amino acid synthesis
- normal blood formation
- normal homocysteine metabolism
- normal psychological function
- the normal function of the immune system
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Folate has also a role in the process of cell division. It is recommended to take folic acid each day in women of childbearing age. Folic acid is essential in the mother's body as the baby's nervous system develops in the first weeks of pregnancy before even a woman realises she is pregnant. Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus.
- Folic acid (Pteroylmonoglutamic acid)